NFORSE-East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania) cooperate in the 3-year project in 2019-2022.
Project Partners are: SusWatch Kenya, UCSD and JEEP in Uganda, TaTEDO in Tanzania, INFORSE-East Africa c/o TaTEDO, INFORSE, and NFRE (see contact details underneath).
– The overall development objective of the Project is increased access to sustainable energy and other climate solutions to local communities in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania with both womens and mens full and effective participation and leadership for improved livelihoods and reduction of poverty. This will be realised by combining Civil Society Organization (CSO) activities on local, national and international levels in ways, where they reinforce each other. The project primarily works towards Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 1 (poverty), SDG5 (gender), SDG7 (clean energy), SDG 13 (climate action), and SDG 17 (partnerships).
– Local Activities in 3 districts in Uganda: Empower poor, rural communities to get access to clean energy and improved livelihoods in an economic and climate friendly way. Seminars, trainings reaching out to rural households, training of trainers (ToTs), local leaders, planners. Themes include: clean cooking, water, food security, tree planting, solar energy, sustainable energy & development, income generation to reduce poverty, entrepreneurship etc.
– National level: Strengthen Civil Society Organisations (CSO) activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. Strategies & scenarios for 100% renewable energy. Meetings of CSO Coalitions, joint CSO proposals, presentations for national planners & decision-makers, dialogues with stakeholders, media campaign.
– International Level Advocacy: Strengthen Networking and participation of CSOs, exchange of experience and give voice to CSOs at United Nations Climate Negotiations (UNFCCC).
– Publish: African Catalogue of local solutions (print, web, mobile).